Sushinism prides ourselves on the culinary creations from our kitchen, and we are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing Japanese Cuisine, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. If you have restaurant industry experience or education and passion for prep and strong customer service, please submit a resume to us today.
Position is available immediately.
Employer: Sushi Nism Japanese Cuisine
Position: Cook – Japanese Restaurant
Wage: $14.00-$15.00 per hour
# of Vacancies: 1
Terms of Employment: Full-time/Permanent
Working hours: 40 hrs / week
Benefits: 4% vacation fee or 10 days paid vacation
Location of work: 887 W Broadway, Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 3T2
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with Chefs to prepare, cook and present a variety of Japanese style dishes
- Maintain accurate food inventory by assisting a main Chef
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Properly store food items appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized
- Adapt menu dishes to accommodate customers with food allergies or intolerance
- Prepare and work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, presses, etc) for services
- Work as a team to ensure our guests are happy
- All members of our team are involved in menu innovation, optimization of operations, and joining together to bring better food, service, and improved customer experience
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Ability to prepare traditional & fusion Japanese cuisine is a definite asset
- Passion for food quality and presentation
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to do shift works (daytime, evening, weekends and holidays)
- Communication skills in English
- 1+ year of commercial cooking experience; or
- Successful completion of college or other programs in cooking is required
- Secondary School diploma is required
- BC Foodsafe Certification
- Cook’s Trade certification or equivalent credentials, training, and experience is preferred but not mandatory
Please send your resume and cover letter to email with the subject line of: “Full-time Cook Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Sushinism hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.